Sunday, December 14, 2014

10 Core Beliefs Incredibly Happy People Live By



BY SHANNON KAISER 
NOVEMBER 28, 2014 6:00 AM EST


You May Also Enjoy
I just got back from a trip to Bhutan, a small Himalayan country located between Nepal, India and Tibet. Bhutan is ruled by a beloved 5th generation monarchy, that aims to preserve their unique  Read 
A few months ago, the universe tore the rug out from under my existence. My books stopped selling. Coaching clients canceled appointments. Large stream media canceled interviews and meetings. Stories were dropped.
Confused, scared and living my biggest fear — feeling unworthy and irrelevant — I was forced to look at what I had spent so many decades running from: myself.
At the end of the day, after all the praise, accolades, financial gain, high-fives and industry nods, if you don't like yourself, nothing else matters. I've been on a mission to help save the world, but I failed to first save myself.
I was trying to help people so I could feel validated, appreciated, seen and loved. And with that foundation, I lost it all ... for a moment.
As everything I built and worked for over the past few years seemed to crumble in front of my eyes, I could only anticipate the slow death of the old me.
I sensed what was really happening, a cosmic shift of my soul. A new awakening, a phoenix rising from the ashes. I was actually shedding old skin layered in old fears that don't belong in my future. Although it seemed like a difficult time, it was actually a new awareness for me, a new beginning.
The uncertain times in our life will often rock our foundation. Anything that isn't working will rise to the surface and beg to be looked at. Instead of running from my fears, I dove straight into them.
By losing everything I thought I loved for a few weeks, I was forced to look at myself. I had to clean up the edges and replant myself into solid ground. A foundation rooted in loving energy and self-worth.
When things seem to be falling a part in your life, hold on tightly to trust, because things might actually be falling into place.
Sometimes we have to lose what we think we love the most to see that nothing is ever lost when it is in our heart.
By putting myself first, I was able to transform my relationships and my business. Everything came back, only this time better, richer, more complete.
Through my experience I've learned valuable lessons on how to get through the rough patches. I also reconnected with super happy people. I started to focus on my habits and it comes back to beliefs happy people have about themselves and life.
If you are going through a difficult time, take note and try these out.
1. Everything you're going through is preparing you for what you asked for.
We may not see the big picture when we're in it, but happy people know that sometimes the most difficult things are actually setting them up for success.
2. Everything connects eventually.
When you're in it, you can't see. But your journey is preparing you for a stronger tomorrow.
3. Setbacks don't define you. They nudge you into new awareness.
Instead of looking at what isn't working, focus on what is.
4. You can't run away from your past.
Focus on forgiveness to free yourself. Happy people let things go and don't stress the small things.
5. Nothing will ever go away until you learn what you need to learn.
Are you running away or to something? Happy and healthy people will look deep within themselves to address their role in each situation so they can move forward and not repeat harmful patterns and situations.
6. You don't always get what you want, but you will always get what you need.
Don't get hung up on when and how your goal will manifest. Instead, focus on the journey and what you are learning along the way.
7. You are always being guided.
Happy people trust that things aren't actually as bad as they seem and but they know they have an infinite amount of support around you. the difference, they ask for help and support.
8. Out of difficulties grow new beginnings.
The setbacks you face are actually preparing you for a stronger foundation and a healthy, new start.
9. Always trust the process.
The journey is the reward, not the destination. Happy people are in the journey and enjoy the process as much as, if not more than the outcome.
10. You have something the world needs.
You are enough just as you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment